In this opportunity I will show you how to make a salad with a different twist. These healthy lettuce bowls are perfect for an afternoon snack or a light dinner, they are ideal for when you want to eat something tasteful, but simple and light at the same time. Watch the step by step video of the recipe here
FOR THE SALAD
- -5 or 6 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- -1/2 cup brown rice
- -1 shredded chicken breast
- -1/4 diced Avocado
FOR THE DRESSING
- -2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- -1/4 cup almond milk
- -A pinch of chilli flakes
- -A pinch of cayenne pepper
- -1/2 lemon juice
- -1 teaspoon honey
- -A pinch of salt
- In a bowl place all the ingredients and whisk until it gets a creamy consistency.
- Wash the iceberg lettuce leaves, leave them dry and then place them on a plate.
- Place around 2 Tablespoons of brown rice onto the lettuce leaves.
- Then add 1/2 handful chicken, pomegranate, avocado dices and give it the final touch with some of the peanut dressing on top!
Don't forget to follow my instagram account @fitmariamaria for more!