If you want a powerful and easy recipe, this one is for you! I come from a culture (venezuelan) where cooking huge amounts of soup with the family on the weekends is a must. It's not only a moment to share smiles and stories with the family, but also to share health.
I want to share health with you by giving you the recipe for this delicious soup inspired by my country. You will love it!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 big white onion or two medium
- 1 big purple onion or two medium
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pealed potatoes
- 300 gr butternut pumpkin
- 30 gr pealed and crushed ginger
- 20 gr pealed and crushed turmeric
- 6 clean chicken drumsticks skin off
- Parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2.5 lt water
- Himalayan salt (for the end, when it's ready)
- Chop the white and purple onion in small squares.
- Peal the garlic cloves.
- Crush ginger and turmeric roots.
- Chop the potatoes and butternut pumpkin in big squares.
- Turn on the stove at medium fire and place a deep pot on it. Then add the two Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves and chopped onion.
- Caramelise the onion and garlic until they are golden.
- Add the potatoes and butternut pumpkin.
- Add the crushed ginger and turmeric.
- Stir everything with a wood spoon for about 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 lt of water.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and paprika.
- Stir with the spoon.
- Put the lid on the pot and leave cooking on medium fire for about 2 hours. After the 2 hours add 500 ml of water and keep cooking for 30 min.
- You will know that the soup is ready because it will have a nice and dense consistency, at this moment please add a bit of Himalayan salt to the taste and turn the stove off.
You can serve this great soup with some lemon wedges on the side. Lemon gives always a special touch! Don't forget to follow my instagram account @fitmariamaria for more!